Recreational fires are allowed within the City of Little Canada per Section 2002.010 of our Municipal Code.
A permit is not required and you do not need to notify our Fire Department or Sheriff's Department. However, you must follow these simple rules:
- Contain the fire in a fireplace, pit, or fire ring designed for recreational or cooking purposes.
- Fires should be small - no larger than 3 feet by 3 feet by 3 feet.
- Fires must be located at least 25 feet from the nearest structure and/or motor vehicle.
- Portable outdoor fireplaces shall not be operated within 15 feet of a structure or combustible material.
- Keep a water supply or other fire-extinguishing equipment available.
- Only clean wood may be used as fuel - no fire accelerants are allowed.
- No yard waste (leaves and grass clippings) may be burned.
- An adult must be in constant attendance until the fire has been extinguished.
- No fire shall be permitted during winds in excess of 10 miles per hour.
- A recreational fire must be extinguished immediately if it generates smoke that becomes a nuisance to adjacent or nearby properties.