We need your help!
The City of Little Canada is replacing the playground equipment at Spooner Park and we need approximately 100 volunteers each day to help us assemble and install the new playground on Saturday, June 22, and Sunday, June 23, rain or shine!
The old playground equipment was over 30 years old and in desperate need of renovation and upgrades. After hearing from the community, the new playground will offer many unique features including all-inclusive play for children of all abilities and will have ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) accessible swings, platforms, and ramps.
We need people of all skill levels to come out and help with the Community Build. Team leaders will assess skills and assign tasks. Please bring any tools you may have that will help complete the build, a complete list of tools that are needed is available on our website. Don’t forget to mark your tools.
FREE food and beverages will be provided as well as childcare for children age 3+ whose parents are volunteering at the event.
Use our online SignUpGenius to sign up for any number of timeslots, and we'll find the right place for you when you check-in for your shift. All day help would be great, but even committing to a couple of hours would be appreciated. Signing up will also get you on the list to receive email updates as we get closer to construction.
Just select a work shift(s) by scrolling to the end of the name list for that shift, check the sign-up box, and hit the blue "Submit and Sign Up" button at the bottom of your screen. No need to add a comment.
- Shifts - 7 a.m. - Noon, Noon - 5 p.m., or all day
Need help signing up? Call 651-766-4045 or email us.
Don't forget to let your friends, family, and neighbors know about this awesome opportunity to contribute your time and skills to the community!
- The more volunteer we can get to work a full day, the more efficient the project will be.
- Arrive by 7 a.m. for morning or full-day shifts. Arrive by noon for afternoon shifts.
- Construction will occur rain or shine.
- Wear appropriate clothing and shoes.
- Volunteers will sort, assemble, and install hardware and equipment. There multiple pieces of equipment, plus bridges, walls, and connectors.
- Ages 14 and older only. This is a work zone. Daycare will be provided for children 3+ whose parents are volunteering.
- Groups and individuals are welcome.
- All skill levels are welcome. Use of basic tools helpful. Team leaders will assess skills and assign tasks.
- Beverages, snacks, and lunch will be provided for volunteers.
- Bathrooms will be available.
Please mark and bring any of the following tools that you have:
- 10' step ladders
- Tape Measure
- Hand Levels
- Utility Knives
- Cordless Power Drill
- Ratchet sets - 3/8" or 1/4" drive with adapters
- 3/8" Drive Sockets & Wrenches (9/16" and 1/4" are the most needed sizes
- Large screwdrivers
- Needle nose pliers
Please email or call Bryce Shearen, Parks & Recreation/Community Services Manager at 651-766-4045 with any questions.
Saturday, June 22, 2019
7:00 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sunday, June 23, 2019 (if needed)
7:00 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Spooner Park Playground
350 Eli Road
Little Canada, MN 55117